2. This was the last official week of my OB-GYN rotation. I was in the office Monday through Thursday and I loved so much of it: ultrasounding baby heart rates, measuring fundal heights, seeing the look on new parent's faces when they saw their baby for the first time on ultrasound, etc. I'm sad it's over.
3. Today was also my last day in the OR assisting with gynecological surgeries. I can't say I'm too sad about it being over since I won't miss living in constant fear of dropping an instrument or un-sterilizing myself or having to pee during a 5 hour surgery. Unfortunately I have 3 months of General and Senior Surgery to look forward too. Oh joy.
|Last time I will wear these stylin' booties until surgery rotation this spring|
4. I made pot roast for the first time this week (no, it was not worthy of a picture). I was pretty proud of my cooking endeavor until my hubby informed me that it just didn't taste quite right (and he's no complainer, especially when it comes to food). Neither one of us can cook, and it's starting to take an unfortunate toll on my poor guy (apparently he has lost 10 pounds in the last month).
5. Isn't this plaid shirt perfection? I've been on the hunt for the perfect flannel shirt ever since I saw this on Pinterest. It's so funny to me that they're back in style since the last time I wore a plaid flannel shirt was as a freshman in high school (yes I thought I was pretty cool wearing it with my wide leg jeans and glitter airwalks).
6. And another Pinterest find: this amazing pink lake in Australia (that I thought was so amazing I wrote a whole post about it). My life would just not be the same without Pinterest.
7. Did everyone hear that Princess Kate is pregnant? Ok I was probably one of the last to find out (med school and keeping up with pop culture news do not mix) but I am pretty excited for the new little royal. And can you believe this picture of Kate just leaving the hospital? She looks perfect as always (totally my fashion idol).
Linking up with Jen
Happy weekend (I'll be studying for my OB-GYN shelf exam)