This past week was not my favorite week. It started off by an email saying that fourth year medical students don't have spring break this year (although first, second, and third year students do) which put a sad end to our well-planned and almost-booked babymoon to Florida in March. I'm embarrassed to say that I almost cried (preggo hormones? or not) and maturely proclaimed that I would probably never go on a vacation again (residency + babies + life). Next was an announcement that both senior surgery oral exams and our powerpoint presentation was moved up a week (with two days notice). And what followed was a lot of little things gone wrong, which don't really matter but weren't well-received by my already cruddy week (and I know that I shouldn't complain since nothing truly bad happened and there are people with so much worse things to worry about). Add to the mix some crazy pregnancy dreams and residency decisions that I'm not quite ready to make looming over my head.
Anyways, joining Jen for some Friday quick takes.
1. Possibly the highlight of my week (shows you what kind of week I had), these cookies. I found them by googling "chocolate chip cookie recipes with one egg" but they also come up under "best chocolate chip cookies ever." Anyways, they're so.good. Stephen even said they're the best he's ever tasted (high praise coming from him).
3. I was deeply moved by this post by Dwiija. Absolutely beautiful and great food for thought for pregnant moms.
4. I just love Princess Kate (I can't get enough of her classy outfits and gorgeous hair) and rather enjoyed this article entitled "Kate Middleton is just as awkward as the rest of us" (although looking at the pictures I kind of disagree).
5. Some super sweet reader nominated me for a Sheenazing Award (love that these are named for Fulton Sheen) for Coolest Blogger. You can vote (and check out a bunch of better bloggers) here.
6. I am officially 24 weeks today, which is unbelievably exciting because it's widely considered the point of viability, so this little guy has a decent chance of survival outside the womb. Funny story this week, apparently my 11 year old sister Maria came home super upset when her friend from home school group claimed that one of the moms from our church (pregnant with her fourth) who is 9 weeks behind me is "waay bigger than your sister." Maria was apparently very defensive, but I took it as a compliment since I'm starting to feel pretty big (although I will admit that I went home and measured my uterus to make sure it was on target #medstudentissues).
7. How cute is this onesie that my sister Ilsa sent me? Stephen wants it.
This is a big weekend: Sean and Catherine's wedding and the Grammy's (more dresses!). Who else will be watching?!