J. Crew-inspired: Forever 21 shirts

Thursday, March 14, 2013

 

  

1 /  2 / 34 / 5 / 6

My new favorite hobby is finding J. Crew look-a-likes at Forever 21, and I was thrilled to discover these shirts since I find myself gravitating towards button-ups more and more lately. They are so versatile, perfect for layering, and a great way to spice up your wardrobe.

1. Heart Throb (Forever 21 version): I fell in love (no pun intended) with the heart throb print at J. Crew last year, especially the skirt (below), but it never went on sale enough for me to purchase it. I wasn't convinced of how versatile it would be either, but it sure is cute! The Forever 21 version of the heart throb top is the perfect way to get your heart fix and not feel bad when the trend passes.

J. Crew


Forever 21

2. and 4. Gingham (Forever 21 version 1) (Forever 21 version 2): Gingham has been everywhere lately. My absolute favorite styling (below) is J. Crew's lovely pairing with a ruffle cardi and pearls. I do have the first Forever 21 version (which is available in navy and aqua), and it's great. It fits well (although I always do go up one size in Forever 21) and seems durable enough. Plus it was about 75% cheaper than the J. Crew version... and yes, I've worn this shirt about 15 times in the last month (evidence here and here).

Pinned Image
J. Crew


 Forever 21

3. Polka dot (Forever 21 version) : J. Crew's polka dot popover is serious perfection. I have the Factory version of the popover (available here) which is not too pricey if you wait for one of their regular sales, but the Forever 21 version looks very similar. This is the perfect top for colored jeans, pencil skirts, and layering under just about anything.

J. Crew



Forever 21
5. Buffalo check (Forever 21 version): This print has been around forever, but now it's trendy! The Forever 21 version looks spot on with the one that was available at J. Crew this winter.

J. Crew


Forever 21
6. Chambray (Forever 21 version): I think every girl should have at least one Chambray shirt. The J. Crew version is a great staple, but the Forever 21 version looks like an excellent substitute.

J. Crew


Forever 21

All images are from jcrew.com and forever21.com

2 comments:

  1. I love these finds! Chambray is so curt and goes with anything!

    xo
    Caroline

    lovecarolineblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heart-print look-alike is fantastic, I think I need it in my life!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and for taking the time to leave a comment! Your lovely comments really make my day :) I appreciate and enjoy every comment even though I don't always have time to reply.

(I also often reply via email, unless you are a no-reply blogger).