Joining Jen for Friday Quick Takes.
1. My surgery rotation is over and done and I can finally breath a sigh of relief. We had our surgery oral exam last night, which was every bit as bad as it sounds. In fact, it was one of my worst moments in medical school so far. I passed, but I felt like I completely choked and I would never, ever want to repeat that hour of my life. Maybe I will write about it sometime, but it is way too fresh in my memory right now to share the painful details...
2. On to better and happier things. I have a week off! Stephen is working most of it, so I'll be visiting these ladies for a couple days and I'm beyond excited.
3. I've been on the hunt for a navy blazer for awhile but couldn't seem to find one for a reasonable price...until I found this one! It's from Lands End, and I never shop there, but it was on sale for $29.99 + an extra 30% off so I decided to give it a try. The sizes were slim picking so I had to order a 6Tall, which is a size smaller than my normal 8 and I also never order anything in tall, but the reviews said it ran big and short. I was shocked when it fit! I kind of love it, it's this comfy knit material that is still sort of dressy. I also think it says J. Crew all over it (for a fraction of the price).
5. Stephen made me breakfast multiple times over the last week while I was stressing over surgery and I love, love this pancake that he made me in the shape of a heart (no pun intended). He has been so supportive and I'm grateful every day for him (it's not easy being the spouse of a medical student, especially when they are freaking out over their surgery exams).
6. My sister-in-law and little nephew came to visit last week. Isn't he the cutest thing ever? Also, in case you can't read it, his onesie says that he loves his auntie.
7. J. Crew Factory is having a 50% off everything sale in store this weekend. If I had a J. Crew Factory store near me I'd be there in a heartbeat (so it's probably a good thing that the closest one is at least six hours away). If I did have one nearby, I'd probably look for this:
|Printed ikat tank|
or maybe this:
|Floral pencil skirt|
Happy, happy weekend!