37+ weeks...

Sunday, April 27, 2014



37 weeks + 2 days. It seems surreal, like I never thought I would actually reach the point of being only days (ok maybe weeks) away from meeting this little human person that has been growing inside of me for 9 months. Now that I'm done with medical school and finished with getting the nursery ready (as of today), I have this occasional flickering of anxiety/disbelief/excitement that the big day is almost here.


There's not really much that's different on the pregnancy front...same symptoms of moodiness (ha) and the typical trouble sleeping, some hip pain (although I have yet to experience the back pain that everyone keeps asking me about), and surprisingly not feeling quite as big as I expected to feel at this point (looks apparently are deceiving). I'm still exercising every day (walking + pregnancy DVDs) which I think is helping a lot. 

I'm off now until residency orientation, and honestly I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself until this baby arrives...at the same time, I'm not nearly as anxious as I have been the entire pregnancy for him to be born early. A few extra days to finally read my labor and baby books (Ina May and Happiest Baby on the Block), spend some time with Stephen, and get a pedicure (he gave me a spa gift certificate as a graduation gift!) is just fine with me.

 Top: H&M
Skirt: Etsy, similar
Earrings: Stella & Dot

 Linking it up with FL&P.

 And a sneak peak of the nursery:









6 comments:

  1. You look so good for 37 weeks! St. Gianna...Pray for us! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susana! St. Gianna is my favorite :)

      Delete
  2. You look fabulous! Perhaps a striped maxi skirt is the answer to all my questions... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! And the nursery looks so cute- I love the crib and changing table. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look marvelous! You are so close! And the nursery is to die for - so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so close!! The nursery is precious, and I wore a VERY similar outfit the other day - same top and all, thanks to you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and for taking the time to leave a comment! Your lovely comments really make my day :) I appreciate and enjoy every comment even though I don't always have time to reply.

(I also often reply via email, unless you are a no-reply blogger).