I'm so happy that we have these pictures to remember such a special time in our lives.
2. We had a surprise ultrasound yesterday after I went in for my appointment to check the baby's weight and amniotic fluid index along with cervical length and placental position. We hadn't seen the little guy since 22 weeks, so it was pretty darn exciting. Stephen was super nervous because we watched What to Expect When You're Expecting on our mini-babymoon and one of the babies came out a girl when they thought it was a boy (Stephen was already worried about this). The first thing they saw when the put the probe on my belly was the baby's boy parts (picture was way too graphic or I would post ha) and the beaming look on Stephen's face was priceless.
Face shadows + chubby cheeks
4. I told my doctor that if the babe comes late I'm going to freak out because of all the cramping I've had...and she told me that she'd be shocked if he's late, which makes me feel better but not completely. I'm 35 weeks but starting to feel ready to be done...I got some prescription compression stockings this week (sexy) which has helped my leg cramps (the only really unbearable pregnancy symptom I've had) as has walking...although I still really miss the elliptical. My weight gain is at 23 pounds and I'm crossing my fingers that I stick to 25 pounds total...but I realize that it might not be realistic (and obviously there are more important things to worry about than my vanity).
5. I realized that I hadn't done any pregnancy reading yet, so I picked up Ina May's Guide to Childbirth (a little weird so far, but also has some great tips on having a natural labor) along with Happiest Baby on the Block. I've heard good things about The Baby Whisperer and The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, but being honest with myself I'll be lucky if I get through the first two books (and I'm planning on using my mom, who breastfed 8 kids, as my breastfeeding resource).
6. If you are a fellow preggo (and I'm guessing if you've made it this far into this post that you are) you can enter a giveaway for $25 to Pink Blush Maternity here. They have a ton of cute and reasonable things (I really, really want this maxi dress).
7. Lastly, I just loved Grace's link up of wedding first dance songs. It did a preggo soul good to reminisce about our wedding day and rewatch our wedding video (happy tears are therapeutic).
Have a lovely weekend.