On this outfit...and glorious weekends

Friday, August 29, 2014




Cardi: Loft
Jeans: J Brand
Booties: Sam Edelman (thrifted last year)

 1. This outfit fits my postpartum criteria for long drapey tops, and also goes back to my girly roots (oh how I love pink...and a great drapey cardigan). The cardi also doubles as a nursing cover, and it's only $15 on sale right now at Loft. I saw the floral top originally on someone's Stitch Fix review and then found it on clearance at Off Saks (it's 40% off this weekend!).

2. My jeans (wearing them above...and in just about every other postpartum photo on my blog where I'm wearing jeans) are still on sale and I so wish that I could justify another pair, since I go into half-crisis mode whenever the little man spits on them (and I wash them way less than I really should).

3. My favorite pants of all time are 40% off sale price again this weekend (reviewed them here).

4. I have another Stitch Fix scheduled for next week and I'm pretty darn excited to see what the pretty little box brings this month. I'll be sure to share some reviews soon (in the meantime you can read last month's review here). I've been wearing the embroidered tank and the grey striped top they sent last month over and over again.

5. Due to some scheduling glitch (and the grace of God) I ended up with a three day weekend this month. Part of me wants to go somewhere and take advantage of what will be one of my very few long weekends over the next three years...but most of me just wants to stay at home and cuddle Stephen Gabriel.

6. I shared my birth story this past week (part one here, part two here) and I think it may have come off a little strong based on some of the comments...but at least I can say that it was honest? I wrote it a few weeks after his birth and when I re-read it before I posted it, it was almost like re-living it again. I feel like I understand the meaning of suffering in a much deeper way since his birth...both in the sense that it was unlike any suffering I've ever experienced before and because the gift that came of it in little Stephen was so much greater than anything I could have ever imagined.

7. Stephen and I are celebrating our second anniversary this weekend...any last minute anniversary gift ideas for him? Just call me uber prepared ha.

Have a glorious weekend. Linking with Jen.

12 comments:

  1. I love love loveee the top! But then I clicked over to it and saw it was dry clean only and I was like NAH. ;) I will def be taking advantage of some labor day sales, though. I've been working a lot. I need that carrot. HA. I'm sure you feel the same way!! Happy anniversary and TREAT YO'SELF (and your hubby).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been trying to avoid dry clean only too ha...I never used to care until the baby. Just have to wash on cold/hang dry with this one :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE your outfit (especially the adorable baby as your accessory)! What size did you order in that lovely sweater?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That top is so pretty- you look great, Erika! Also, I loved reading the birth story. Every L&D is so intense, different, and full of emotion, they are what they are, you know? (And I know it's hard to put it all into words!)
    Enjoy your weekend off and happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've probably tried other mid-rise skinnies, so this may not be news to you... but I'm 4 months postpartum after baby #2, and the mid-rise jean leggings from express make me feel like a million bucks. The price point isn't bad (they are having a 40% off everything sale right now -- wish I didn't have a $0 budget for clothes right now!).
    Also, you look fantastic. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you are too sweet, thanks! And I need to check out those express jeans, they sound awesome!

      Delete
  5. I'm chuckling because last Monday I wore those skinny zipper pants to my first all-day training for my new job (FT (paid, outside the home) work for first time in ten years of being a SAHM and writer!) and loved them sooooooo much, then spilled a Starbucks iced latte on them on the way home, which led to THREE TIMES through the wash with various stain-removal attempts, finally resulting in the stain almost gone (only perceptible if you knew it was there and squinted really really hard in very bright light...so, it's fine). Honestly, I was flipping out because you are right, these are the best. pants. ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful... I love the top....
    and I just clicked on the J brand jeans link ~ they're 35% off bec of the Labor Day weekend sale. Should I get a pair????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooops ~ Happy Anniversary too! xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks!! And Oh my gosh I'm so glad you said that because I didn't realize they were an extra 35% off...and then if you sign up for Neiman Marcus emails you get another $10 off!! J brand jeans for $54 are a huuuuge steal. Just justified a second pair...perfect for when he spits up :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and for taking the time to leave a comment! Your lovely comments really make my day :) I appreciate and enjoy every comment even though I don't always have time to reply.

(I also often reply via email, unless you are a no-reply blogger).