1. First things first, I found these incredible heels on sale at Zara for $29.99. I'm not a heels girl (I only own two other pairs) but I am a leopard-print girl (and yes, it is a neutral...because Rachel Zoe says so). These heels are only just over two inches high and comfy as far as heels go. They are also kind of reminiscent of these absurdly priced J. Crew ones (but I like mine better).
2. Now on to the actual important things that happened this week. Last week is still a blur of clinic and exams and packing and residency applications and sleep deprivation. Last Sunday morning, I woke up completely spent and wondering how I was going to drive myself 11+ hours to St. Louis for my rotation starting Monday. Well God knows, and as I was walking out the door to leave, my mom called saying that she had found a one-way ticket back to Michigan with her travel miles and she was going to help me drive me to St. Louis. It still kind of makes me tear up thinking about it...
5. But onto the positive: my rotation is focused on intrapartum care (i.e. births) and I've really enjoyed working with the women on Labor and Delivery. Each patient's experience is so unique and I just love being a part of it. I did a solo delivery last night (sort of accidentally, apparently the attending physician thought that I was a resident...but all's well that ends well) and I'm still on a high...
6. I'm still a little weirded out that the hospital cafeteria here has sushi...but at the same time I really want to try it.
7. Stephen and I are meeting halfway this weekend just outside of Chicago. This week apart hasn't been that bad since I've known that we would see each other this weekend, but I'm dreading the next few weeks (and the thought of not being together on our first anniversary). For now though, I'm just happy that we get to spend the weekend together.
|Super cheesy pic of us that I love, love, love|