Life lessons and a pig roast...

Monday, August 5, 2013

Dress: J. Crew Factory
Cardi: J. Crew
Belt: Gap


So even though it's Monday, this is what I wore Sunday (or at least what I wore to mass Saturday night). I also wore this to my parents' neighbor's pigroast that same night, the annual summer event where they invite half the town. Clearly I need to learn how to prioritize, since I spent the night before I left for St. Louis at the neighborhood pigroast when I was not nearly done packing to leave the next morning for two months. But I made it, and life is short, and the pig was good...

This dress has become my favorite summer dress because it's so comfy and versatile (and striped). It works just as well at the beach as it does for church with a cardi or even for work...and I'll be trying it with a chambray shirt and boots this fall.

So I made it to St. Louis, although I admit that last week was one of the most stressful in a long time between multiple exams, assignments, packing to leave and move, etc. Somehow good always ends up coming out of time like these though, and I realized how lucky I am to have the support that I do. Through all last week's craziness, Stephen was his usual kind/loving/supportive self, one of my best friends moved a bunch of my things over to our new house by herself while I was packing, and my crazy wonderful mother decided yesterday morning to drive with me to St. Louis because I was so tired and fly back to Michigan with a one-way ticket. So yes, I feel totally undeservedly loved.

And quickly, my first day on my obstetrics rotation here was good. The labor/delivery units here are crazy busy and the residents are super nice. I got to (mostly) do one delivery and learned a bunch of stuff on my very first day...I'm sure there is lots more to come.



5 comments:

  1. You go, girl! Exciting times ahead. And that dress is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the outfit! Good luck with your OB rotation. However as a nursing student I would be amiss if I didn't say to appreciate your nurses and all that they do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeeek they're already letting you do cool stuff on the first day!! Have fun on this rotation, you've picked such a nice field that's in tune with your spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your move went well - hope you have a bit of downtown this weekend to relax. You look great in that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to copy that outfit to the very last detail...so adorable! Are you working at the same hospital as Grace's hubby?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and for taking the time to leave a comment! Your lovely comments really make my day :) I appreciate and enjoy every comment even though I don't always have time to reply.

(I also often reply via email, unless you are a no-reply blogger).