Wearing lately + 5 favs

Wednesday, March 12, 2014


What I'm wearing these week: maternity jeans (finally found two pairs that I love, just wish that I would have found them before I purchased the three other pairs I haven't really worn), booties, scarves, and a couple maternity tops mixed in with my non-maternity cardis and blazers.

Cardi: Splendid via 6pm.com
Striped top: Gap maternity
Jeans: H&M
Boots: Sam Edelman (thrifted)

According to Ivanka Trump's advice on maternity wear, “the blazer is key—a great blazer in white or black does a great job in terms of creating a better silhouette than a ‘boxy dress’ designed for pregnant women.” Agree.

 Blazer: J. Crew
Scarf: J. Crew Factory
Top: Motherhood Maternity
Jeans: J. Brand
Booties: Old Navy

Some favorites this week:

1. H&M Mama maternity jeans: I'm wearing these in the first outfit, and they.are.awesome. Nice and dark and skinny, and the price is right too. I started wearing these at the end of the second trimester, which is when I started liking full panels (hated them before). I would suggest ordering one size up from normal, H&M maternity jeans run pretty small.

2. J Brand Mama J jeans: Wearing these in outfit numero dos (thanks for helping me find them, Britt!). I've already posted about these before, so I'll spare you a long review. I love the wash on these and the comfortable/flattering fit. They sit below the belly and amazingly worked well through all of the second trimester and continue to fit like a charm. I have a feeling I may wear them post-partum for a bit as well (hopefully not for too long).

3. What's really in your bag: this might as well have been my purse since I have everything except the cat ID tag floating around in mine.

4. The best maternity shopping for spring: love these suggestions, although I am done maternity shopping and starting to look forward to my normal clothes (obviously premature). Anyways, totally agree about the J. Crew pants and Isabella Oliver dress.

5. All the comments on my post from Monday. I haven't been able to respond yet (I'm the worst blogger ever when it comes to responding to comments...sorry :/), but I loved hearing the perspective of others about changing their last name, and also loved the affirmation on keeping my maiden name as a middle name. So, thanks!

Linking up with Hallie and the Pleated Poppy.

6 comments:

  1. I love the blazer! I don't wear them often (my shoulders are pretty wide) but I've been thinking about branching out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those H&M jeans look amazing on you. As always, I love all of your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the posts you do on maternity fashion, I feel like it will help me when we are expecting! Love that blazer, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your outfits, especially the booties and rolled-up jeans! super cute!!

    lightonahilllife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree about the blazer. It such a key piece that should be in everyone's closet, pregnant or not. You look amazing. Loving your maternity wear.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blazers, jeans, and scarves are a personal favorite of mine! Loved the outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and for taking the time to leave a comment! Your lovely comments really make my day :) I appreciate and enjoy every comment even though I don't always have time to reply.

(I also often reply via email, unless you are a no-reply blogger).