1. We got our wedding pictures back this week!! I haven’t had time to look through them all yet, but it’s so surreal to think that we’ve been married now for 3 months.
2. I ran home in between clinic and call yesterday (we are renting a “medical school house” conveniently right next door to one of the clinics) and found these beautiful flowers and a note from my hubby “Just because.” Love him.
3. My sister and I recently became obsessed with this spiced wine. I’m pretty sure it’s seasonal but I’m trying not to think about that. We’ve scoped out all the wine/grocery stores around town to find the cheapest price per bottle ($5.84) and make sure one of us always has some on hand.
4. My littlest sister (age 9) has the Nutcracker tonight. It’s my secret dream to be a ballerina, so I’ll be living vicariously through her.
5. It’s been a crazy med school week and all the days are running together. Yesterday was a long day at an OB clinic two hours away, and when I finished clinic, I had start my call shift. Labor and Delivery was pretty quiet when I first got to the hospital and it was looking like I might actually get some sleep, but as soon as my head hit the pillow, my pager went off. We had a beautiful delivery (seriously, nothing beats obstetrics) and then I went home around 1 a.m. for a few hours of sleep before coming back to round at 6 a.m. (we have to round on all the OB patients before our attending physicians arrive). Needless to say, I’m ready for the weekend and some sleep, although I do have lectures and am on-call for any deliveries that come in.
6. To go along with #5, I’ve been having nightmares about my pager going off. And even better, I dreamt that I was having a C-section the other night. I vaguely remember telling the docs in my dream: “Close me back up!! Please, close me back up!”
7. J. Crew is having another 25% off sale this weekend, and this outfit is absolute perfection:
|J. Crew sterling skirt|
Linking up with Jen for the first time for 7 Quick Takes Friday. Happy weekend!