2. And when I wasn't make sock buns, I was thrifting with my mom (found some great things from Ann Taylor, Fossil, and White House Black Market) or shopping at Target. I found some serious amazing-ness at Target, like this J. Crew look-a-like polka dot shirt (here are the rest of my Target finds).
3. I forgot how cold the winters get up here but driving home from my parents' house on New Year's Day was a vivid reminder. Yes that says 2 degrees. And trust me, it felt much colder with the wind chill (can we go back to Costa Rica?)
4. The crowning moment of my week was when I found the exact kitchenaid mixer I wanted (but didn't get) for our wedding for $150 off!! I think that God wanted me to have this mixer because I initially found it on sale at Target but only the display model was left (which I tried to buy but found out it had no cord or mixing capability). The next day, I got a Groupon in my email for the same mixer and I was ecstatic...I guess this is what happens after you get married, a Kitchenaid can completely make your week (or month)... Anyways, I love its almond cream color, and maybe it'll motivate me (or Stephen) to bake more often?
6. I had many, many things on my to-do list over Christmas break (namely, doing every activity that I never have time for now that I'm in medical school) and most of the things are still on the list. I did get to go ice skating though. My sister and I figure skated for years and every time I go, I realize how much I miss it.
7. On Sunday I'll be going to a clinical site about an hour and a half away for three weeks of my pediatrics rotation (we stay in a house owned by the hospital). I'm doing a Rural Medicine Program through my medical school which has been great because I've been able to live near my family for the first time in a long time. It's also neat to do my clinical rotations in the small city where I grew up, and we have a lot of opportunities since there are only a few medical students here. However, I have to admit I have been dreading the rural away rotations since I'll be apart from Stephen. Hoping that the three weeks goes by quickly and I learn lots...
Linking up with 7 Quick Takes Friday here.