1. Today marks the last day of the rural half of my pediatrics rotation. It was a great experience, but I can't say that I'll miss the insane hours that come with working with the only pediatrician for an entire town, a.k.a. long clinic hours + early morning and late night hospital admissions/rounding. Our attending physician also loved to give us lectures at ungodly hours. I'm be looking forward to going home (goodbye hospital house), seeing Stephen every day, and not living in fear of having to go back to the hospital for another admission.
2. If there was any doubt in my mind that pediatrics is not my calling, last night's spinal tap on a newborn sealed the deal for me. I'm hoping that I don't have to relive the sheer terror that I felt when my attending asked me to gown/glove for the procedure.
3. My sleep deprivation reached a new level last night when I microwaved a non-existing Lean Cuisine for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. I was pretty confused when I opened up the microwave and it was empty.
4. The temp was 18 below zero twice this week ("feels like -32" ... no, I'm not exaggerating), and I'm not sure what I would have done without the chunky cowl that I found at Nordstrom's last year. I was wearing it pretty much 24/7 until Stephen started calling it my "catch all" after parts of my dinner one night fell inside.
5. I'm slightly (guiltily) obsessed with the bachelor but don't ask me why I wasted precious time watching it this week when I could have been sleeping. I have no idea what happened this past episode, but between Tierra's fake fall and Kacie's tattle-taling, it was a hot mess. Really, I think Sean deserves better. Although I have to admit that AshLee's story about being adopted at age 6 made me tear up (she is my fav so far).
6. I love this fun mint + navy look and found pieces to recreate it here.
7. Inspiration for the weekend: