1. I spent a day this week with an Ear, Nose, and Throat specialist and most of our day was spent sticking this lovely device down people's noses. I can't say that I didn't like seeing the stellar view of the trachea, epiglottis, and vocal cords, but is it weird that the inside of people's noses gross me out way more than anything about labor and delivery or trauma/ER? I guess that I am not going to be an ENT doc...
2. Stephen drove all the way to the hospital house where I'm staying on my rural rotation and this was our romantic dinner. Sadly, he was waiting a few hours for me because we had a new baby to take care of in the hospital after the clinic was over...and then our attending physician decided to add a lecture...and by the time I got back to the house I barely had time to eat some Burger King (healthy I know, but I did have a veggie burger) and go to bed....ijustlovemedschoolsodarnmuch (poor Stephen).
3. One of my friends posted this on facebook and I almost died laughing: "Delivering a baby is fun; but who knew lifting them towards the OR lamp and singing "Circle of Life" is frowned upon? @MedStudentProbl"
4. I'm not really sure what med students did before dry shampoo, and I'm not sure what I would do without this amazing stuff (especially on weeks like this). I'm infinitely grateful to it for giving me approximately 22 minutes of extra sleep this week.
7. I kind of love these polka dot tights.
I think this my be the most random ever Friday Quick Takes. Yes. Have a lovely weekend! Linking up with Jen.