Friday Quick Takes

Friday, March 1, 2013

 
Joining Jen as per usual for another round of Friday randomness.

1. I definitely meant to post this picture the first week of Lent, but here it is a little late (and still just as hilarious). I love the Catholic "Hey Girls", but this one is probably my absolute favorite.


I'm Giving Up Sweets For Lent
via
 
2. If you haven't seen this video, you really must (credit for the laughs goes to my sister Gwen for showing it to me).



3. This picture portrays our insane amount of snow better than any words.

 
4. I bookmarked this chicken paprika recipe from the lovely Anna of In Honor of Design forever ago and finally made it this week. It.was.amazing. I told Stephen that if a restaurant served this, I'd order it every time. It's also insanely easy (only a few ingredients and I got through it with no major problems, surprise).


5. I was checking out the new J. Crew catalog on a study break and asked Stephen what he thought of this outfit. He rolled his eyes and informed me "If I wanted to see the sun, I'd go outside." I'm guessing that I won't be getting him to wear yellow pants any time soon.

 
6. I spent this week curled up on the couch with my pediatrics book and this little contraption. Yes, my asthma does not do well when I get bronchitis.

 
7. I took my pediatrics shelf exam today, and it was tougher than I thought it would be. I'm not sure if it was because I've been sick or because I'm just not meant to be a pediatrician (ha). I wish I would have wrote down all of the hilariousness from the peds clinic, although I did share some moments in this post and some of my past Friday Quick Takes. I still can't get over how scary it is for kids to have their ears looked in (when I pulled out the otoscope this week, one little girl informed me "That looks VERY dangerous" and then immediately burst into tears) but I finally feel more comfortable with it, and realized that it's true that an infected ear drum really does look like a cervix. Oh, pediatrics, I will actually kind of miss you.
 
I've had a couple blog posts in the works that I just couldn't finish this week on my study breaks: the lovely Stephanie of Captive the Heart and Natalie of Here I am, the Handmaid of the Lord both sweetly nominated me for a Liebster award and so I'll hopefully be posting my 11 facts/answer to their questions/more Liebster nominees tomorrow. I also found some amazing J. Crew look-a-likes at Forever 21 that I can't wait to share...
 
Have a blessed and beautiful weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I am also a lover of Catholic Ryan Gosling and of colored pants for men...like you, I have a noncompliant husband =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Catholic Ryan Gosling! Oh and thanks for telling about about the gal who did your blog design, we've been in touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaaa...the Ryan thing. Makes me laugh every time.

    Yeh, if I tried to get my husband into those yellow pants...he'd run. Far away.

    Cheers, Cams

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw man, I wanted to nominate you for a Liebster! Mary at With My Sisters so kindly nominated me, but I haven't gotten around to doing my post yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh yay! I am so happy it turned out for you! I would request this dish every year for my birthday;)
    And I don't know about you but I am getting cabin fever and am sooo ready for warm weather!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and for taking the time to leave a comment! Your lovely comments really make my day :) I appreciate and enjoy every comment even though I don't always have time to reply.

(I also often reply via email, unless you are a no-reply blogger).