Joining Jen for the weekly round of Quick Takes.
1. If you've been following any of my style posts, you know that I'm obsessed lately with my Hunter boots (evidence here, here, and here), but my littlest sister Maria (age 10) is less than impressed with them. She refers to them as my "duck boots" and when she came over this week, she asked me "So are those boots really in style?" When I assured her that they are (and have been forever and will be forever), she rolled her eyes and sighed "What is this world coming to?"
Kids these days.
2. I am shocked x 1 million to say this, but I am kind of liking my surgery rotation. Don't get me wrong, it's a love/hate relationship (definitely hate the 5 a.m. rounding) but there is something about getting to see your patients after you've "fixed" them in the O.R. And seeing the inside of the human body in surgery is amazing (we will see if I am saying the same thing after 16 hours in surgery today...my attending physician told me to make sure that I eat my wheaties this morning).
3. I have 563 recipes on my "Foodie" board on Pinterest, of which I have made approximately 3. One of the three was this week: these Oven Tacos. I highly recommend them (easy and delish).
|Photographic evidence of my Taco Bake rendition|
5. And on a more lighthearted note, this is true passion, people. (Credit goes to my sis Ilsa for this. I'm glad that my sisters send me cool You Tube videos that I would never find on my own).
6. My surgery call weekend is now switched from this weekend to next, so instead of waiting for my pager to go off and scrubbing in on a gazillion surgeries, I will hopefully be wearing this striped dress for a weekend date night with the hubs:
7. Is anyone else counting down the hours until the Bachelor finale on Monday? I think that I will have a small heart attack if I don't get done in surgery by 8 p.m. that night (priorities, I know).
Also joining Alyssa today for my first round of Coffee Date. So that I can play by the rules, I'm adding my 5 fav beauty products to the round-up (these quick takes just keep getting randomer and randomer):
Full post to come later :)
Happy, happy weekend!