Joining Jen for another round of Friday Quick Takes (and my usual randomness).
1. I wish that I would have remembered to take more pictures in Chicago last weekend, but Stephen and I had an amazing time. We spent the first night with the friends who introduced us (my old roomie Megan and her husband Pete, Stephen's close friend) and the second at the Embassy Suites downtown. This was the view from our hotel room in the morning:
2. It was so nice for Stephen and I to have a mini-vacation together. We enjoyed every minute; Stephen works every other weekend and it's hard for me to to relax on his weekends off when I'm in the middle of a rotation, so we fully cherished the time that we get to spend together last weekend while I was on my break.
3. I just finished the first week of my rural rotation and I loved it. I am now trying to convince Stephen that we should move to a small town after I finish my residency...it's going to take a lot of convincing, since he's definitely still a city boy.
4. Stephen came to visit me this week, and going out to dinner at a restaurant in the town nearby didn't help my cause of trying to convince him of the merits of small town life. I had to call to get directions which consisted of "Go to the stop sign [as in the only stop sign in the town] and turn left." Once we got there, the restaurant was like something out of an old movie, and definitely a cultural experience.
5. Despite my potential aspirations of becoming a small-town doctor, I admittedly am happy to be home for the weekend where there is not only 3G but also a Target and more than one stop sign.
6. Loving these J. Crew pencil skirt styling ideas.
7. Something to think about.
Have a lovely weekend!