1. Today's work outfit: I'm totally in love with my J. Crew clearance knit blazer and lavender tee. I've also been taking full advantage of white coats not being "kosher" in the family med clinic to wear cardis and blazers every day that normally would be too bulky under my lab coat...
2. This is my last week in the little house that Stephen and I have called home since we got married last August. There are a lot of things wrong with the house (plus the rent is so expensive) and I'm super grateful that we found a great + much less expensive rental for the rest of the year, but it's still bittersweet to leave the first house we shared together:
3. The OB/GYN textbook that I ordered for next month (in-patient maternity rotation at Mercy hospital in St. Louis, yay!!) came this week along a book by Dr. Hilgers on Napro technology (I thought it was a fitting combo). I've never been much for reading textbooks, but I have to confess that I've already started reading both (more proof of my crazy and kind-of-irrational love for OB/GYN). I also had the opportunity to talk to a patient about natural family planning yesterday which was a fitting end to NFP-week...
4. Because I trust Grace and am always looking for some new hair product to tame my uncontrolled waves, I ordered the sea salt spray she recommended as a ride-along with my texbooks from Amazon. It was a lot cheaper than this one and I'm really happy with the results:
5. And speaking of hair, I loved this tutorial on the J. Crew bun (also, the sea salt spray is a perfect tecturizer for it). Since I wear my hair in a bun pretty much every day, I'm always on the lookout for an upgrade.
8. I have a list of things to do this week that's impossibly long: get ready to move to a new house, pack to leave on Sunday for my next two months of rotations, finalize my Tanzania volunteer trip in October, finish my OB residency personal statement since it has to be sent to the head of our med school's department next week, study for three exams, and fit in quality time with Stephen since we'll be apart a lot the next two months (trying not to think about it). Blogging will probably be spotty these next few weeks/months (I'm hoping not too spotty but we will see).
Have a lovely weekend.