Work/Play

Wednesday, July 24, 2013


Work...

The majority of my outfits lately have been something that I've worn to the clinic. Not having to wear scrubs and usually not having to wear my white coat (the family docs never wear their white coat in the clinic) gives me an excuse to really get dressed in the morning but also complicates things. Most days I wear either my J. Crew Factory Addison Chinos (which I owned in grey and just bought in taupe and black when Stephen and I stopped in the outlet during the 50% off sale) or one of my J. Crew Factory pencil skirts (which I am not ashamed to admit I own in four colors: natural, bright pink, cobalt blue, and spearmint...practical, I know). My tops are rotated between a handful of J. Crew tees, mostly striped and a few polka dotted. This linen striped tee is a little drapey and dressier than the average cotton and the tan/black goes nicely with a lot of colors...


Top: J. Crew
Necklace: J. Crew



 Play...


I literally just pulled out my shorts last week. It hasn't been that hot here up until now and I haven't done much outside the family medicine clinic and the hospital the past few months so I really haven't had much of an opportunity to wear anything besides business casual (I have my bright white legs to show for it). Also, I love a bright scarf even on a hot summer day...


Scarf and cutoffs: J. Crew Factory
Tee: J. Crew
Sandals: Target

Linking up with The Pleated Poppy//Alison//Shanna//Agi // Mix and Match Fashion

2 comments:

  1. I love that scarf! It is perfect for summer. The stripes and statement necklace go perfectly as well. :)

    Lauren
    Style of One's Own

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scarfe with the denim shorts! Gorgeous! I would love you to link up to my new style linky Fashion Friday, here: http://mummysgotstyle.com/fashion-friday-launches/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and for taking the time to leave a comment! Your lovely comments really make my day :) I appreciate and enjoy every comment even though I don't always have time to reply.

(I also often reply via email, unless you are a no-reply blogger).