Maxi skirt x 2

Wednesday, June 19, 2013



I have a confession to make: I have too many maxi skirts. When I find something that I love, I buy multiples (which is also why I own that green Loft sunwashed tee in five colors). Anyways, there's something about being able to throw a skirt on that feels like sweatpants and look pulled together. I spent a good part of studying for my medical boards last summer in my favorite J. Crew Factory striped maxi skirt.


My maxi skirt recipe is the skirt + tee + statement necklace + sandals (mine are these Target ones). I think it's the perfect summer dinner date ensemble.

 Tee: Loft/Skirt: Leanne Barlow via Etsy/Necklace: Etsy/Sandals: Target


And maxi skirt numero dos. This is my original maxi skirt; I bought it final sale from J. Crew and it looked blue-ish on screen but ended up being a saturated grape purple. I thought it was too purple until I saw this inspiration.


This crystal flower necklace is from J. Crew and was part of a little post-exam retail therapy last week (I still feel slightly guilty).


Purple maxi skirt: J. Crew (old), similar/Shirt: Shade (old)/Necklace: J. Crew


Linking up with Marionberry Style, Alison, Shanna, LaurenAgi, and The Pleated Poppy.

9 comments:

  1. Never feel guilty about post-exam retail therapy. Just don't get crazy! (At least that was my PA school motto ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love maxi skirts. They are so comfortable and versatile. Great looks Erika.

    Dont' forget to stop by and link up and enter my Children's place giveaway. And please vote for me in the Wallis contest.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the maxi skirt trend too! You have the perfect outfit for vacation too, cool and comfy!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    saw you on i feel pretty link party

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute, and all your pieces are so versatile. You look great :)

    <3 Kali
    Kali Now Living

    ReplyDelete
  5. maxi anything is one of my favorite things in the spring and summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE both of these looks. Maxis are so effortlessly chic. Loving the stripes too. PS found you through WIWW xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looove both looks! Green & blue are my fave colors, so it's something that I'd be rocking too. Good job!

    Visiting from WIWW :) I'd love it if you can drop by mine and check out my latest post: www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You pull off the maxi trend oh so perfectly!! Thanks for inspiring me :)

    Thanks for linking up with Style Sessions!

    Lauren xx
    www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the outfit. If you get a chance, please link up your outfit to my What We Wore Party: http://suburbsmama.blogspot.com/2013/06/what-we-wore-2.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and for taking the time to leave a comment! Your lovely comments really make my day :) I appreciate and enjoy every comment even though I don't always have time to reply.

(I also often reply via email, unless you are a no-reply blogger).