What I Wore Sunday: Chambray + Pink

Sunday, June 9, 2013



I'm being a rebel and writing this post even though I should be either studying or packing, since I have to leave this afternoon and drive to Lansing for my big exam mañana. I went to mass last night and I really loved this outfit, even though it isn't anything that you haven't seen on Pinterest a million times before. The chambray shirt is old-ish and I've missed wearing it lately (I just don't feel like I can wear it to work no matter how much I dress it up). The pants are J. Crew cafe capris which I'm newly obsessed with...the fit is perfecto. I picked up this pair in the tea rose color (translation: bright coral-y pink) on sale (about 50% off of the sale price right now) + two more pairs in black and camel thrifted for cheap, and I'm set for summer. I'm planning on wearing them to the clinic (with my knee-high pantyhose of course since bare ankles are taboo). 



My sisters came over to catch up on the Bachelorette last night and it did not disappoint. Probably the best line: "Love is like a butterfly, you hold it too loose it flies away, you hold it too tight, it's gonna die." We were dying laughing.



Prayers for my test tomorrow would be much appreciated! I'm woefully behind on responding to comments from my last few posts but I loved each and every one; I definitely took the advice on choosing a suit for residency interviews to heart along with the encouraging comments about blogging on Friday. So, thank you :)

Shirt: J. Crew (old), this year's version here and here
Capris: J. Crew on sale
Shoes: Madewell skimmers (similar)
Necklace: Loft (old)

Linking up with Fine Linen and Purple, Camp Patton, DorandaPlane Pretty, and The Pleated Poppy.

17 comments:

  1. Totally cute! I think a nice, bright pair of coral pants are in my future once I've dropped the pregnancy weight! I really love the whole ensemble: classy with a side of cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and sending out prayers and good wishes for a great exam day and the least amount of stress possible..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with those shoes. Prayers for the big test!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything about this outfit! You have the best style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pair of pants that actually fits comfortably and well is a rare treasure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this outfit! I'm still getting acquainted with my chambray shirt, trying to figure out how to style it appropriately, so I really appreciate your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this cute outfit! The shoes are awesome. Good luck on your exam!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the chambray! Tons of good luck on your exam!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love everything about this outfit! The striped shoes are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely as always. really like the chambray and the red. I want a lighter colored chambray shirt. maybe this fall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the chambray with the pink pants. Casual yet pretty.

    Last day to enter my sephora giveaway. Don't forget to join my weekly tres-chic fashion thursday link up.

    Agi:)

    vodkainfusedlemonade.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, Love, Love anything JCrew. And I'm in total agreement with the Bachelorette! It gets me every week :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are too cute! That is such a great outfit :) I hope your test went well- please keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look so cute! Man, chambray really does go with everything! I wear mine to work with dressy skirts - I think it seems to work ok?

    Prayers for your test - you're going to do awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and for taking the time to leave a comment! Your lovely comments really make my day :) I appreciate and enjoy every comment even though I don't always have time to reply.

(I also often reply via email, unless you are a no-reply blogger).