What I wore Sunday: polka dots + blush

Sunday, February 10, 2013

My photographer (a.k.a. the hubs) caught some amazing light before mass last night!
I'm on call for the pediatrics service this weekend, but Stephen and I went to mass last night and had a nice dinner at his favorite waffle fries-and-burgers place (last dinner date was my pick) before the craziness started. My attending physician texted me around 9 last night to let me know that we were getting a pediatrics transfer from an outlying hospital and I would need to be at the hospital in an hour or so. I took a power nap and then got ready to go...but my pager never went off, so just before midnight I decided to go to bed (lesson learned: never miss an opportunity for sleep while on call). Of course, I got paged around 2 a.m.. Stephen practically flew out of bed and let out a loud "Your kidding" while I got my groggy self together and prepared for the freeeezing drive over. I was at the hospital for a few hours, home again for a power nap, and then back all morning for rounding on patients. I.love.call weekends (can't wait until residency when they are 10x more intense).


As per usual, joining Fine Linen and Purple for What I wore Sunday.   I think this Sunday outfit today was my favorite yet. I pretty much wore this same thing to the hospital on Friday, minus the polka dots (black and white striped shirt seemed more professional). The skirt is this soft blushy pink-beige color and combined with the polka dot sweater (amazing Forever 21 find) and fun bun, this outfit just felt 100% me (can't resist polka dots or blush pink!)

Besides Fine Linen and Purple, also linking up with Plane Pretty, Doranda's modest style blog, and Monday Mingle.

Check out the blog tomorrow for a lovely post by Stephanie of Captive the Heart about Valentine's date/outfit ideas!





Sweater: Forever 21, skirt & boots: J. Crew

21 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this outfit! That is such a great sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! Forever 21 has some great finds :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful combo and light. I sorta miss the snow... Florida doesn't see much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do like the snow, but would love some of your Florida warmth right now!

      Delete
  3. I love that first picture. Gorgeous. Straight out of a magazine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Natalie! My hubby just keeps getting better at these style pics :)

      Delete
  4. I am a polkadot fan. I have a summer shirt with those and I can't wait to pull it back out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love polka dots! I have to ban myself from adding anything else with polka dots to my wardrobe...

      Delete
  5. Polka dots, blush skirt & fun bun - perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you, Jen! Polka dots are my favorite :)

      Delete
  7. Love, love, love this outfit. Oh my gosh love the sweater, love the color of your skirt. Brilliant with the dark hose. LOVE!!

    As a mother of a medically fragile child, thank you for being willing do be there at 2 am to take in a new patient. I have been that parent and I so appreciate physicians who are they when we need them so desperately. Blessing to you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mary! And thank you for your words of encouragement :) it is truly an honor to be a budding physician and care for the lives God puts in my path...not easy always, so thanks for your kind words. Prayers for your little one!

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun sweater! I have a similar one and you've inspired me to take it out of hiding!

    Chandra
    More Modern Modesty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely take it out of hiding! Polka dots are the best :)

      Delete
  10. Your polka dots are fabulous, and the sunlight makes you extra lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great outfit! I love the polka dots and blush together :)

    Kate @ A Journey in Style

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and for taking the time to leave a comment! Your lovely comments really make my day :) I appreciate and enjoy every comment even though I don't always have time to reply.

(I also often reply via email, unless you are a no-reply blogger).